We take great care in looking for team members who are genuinely passionate about all aspects of our family run store.
From the amazing brands that we stock to communicating in a kind and caring way to all of our incredible customers who walk through our doors everyday.
If you're an individual who is warm, approachable and has exceptional customer service skills specifically in the retail environment then please apply below!
Retail Assistant - Lifestyle Store - Fitzroy North Village
We're a family run business with a passion for supporting small independent brands. Our store stocks a carefully curated range of small run, Australian designed homewares, giftware and clothing with a strong ethical and sustainable focus. Muscrats boutique is located in Fitzroy North and has been trading locally for 10+ years. Our commitment to personalised and genuine interactions with our customers has built up a very loyal and supportive following. Our retail team are the face of our store, we believe that they are the reason for our success. We pride ourselves on our team culture, always striving to create a fun, rewarding and positive environment. If you have a positive outlook, are a pro multitasker & thrive on authentic interactions with customers & your team, this role's for you!
Qualifications & experience
- Previous experience in a retail environment is imperative.
- Able to commit to a shift pattern & some flexibility to assist in peak trade periods including weekend work.
- A commitment to creating a personalised experience for all customers.
- The ability to communicate with warmth, energy and sincerity
- A genuine interest in others
- Strong organisation and multitasking skills. Be efficient and have a proactive, independant attitude in completing daily tasks
- Gift wrapping skills or an enthusiasm to learn. A keen eye for detail and presentation.
- You can be counted on with consistent and reliable attendance
- Provide a welcoming environment for our customers by listening to and embracing their unique needs
- Have an interest in small run Aus. Designer brands
Tasks & responsibilities
- Processing transactions and gift wrapping
- Merchandising and preparing of products on the sales floor
- Stock management and store operations
- Provide exceptional customer service and develop strong professional relationships with regular and new customers
- Have an understanding of the brands we stock and what makes their products unique. Eg. Australian made, sustainable practices, handcrafted etc.
- Be confident in styling and suggesting outfit options to all customers
- Have full availability in peak season, particularly December 1st-24th.
- Employee discounts on all of our Australian brands!
- Having access to the latest collections by some of Australia's best independent small run brands
- Working with a family business. We are a tight knit team and pride ourselves on having a work environment that is inspiring and enjoyable place to work
- Interacting with a diverse and interesting community. Honestly we have the nicest customers around which makes work never feel like work!